5. REGISTRATION CERTIFICATES: All registration certificates, transfer reports, stallion service certificates, and/ or consignment fees must be received within 30 days of submission of the online entry or with mailed entry. Registration applications on foals and transfers must be completed. In the event that a registration application is not available, a letter from the foal’s sire owner with guarantee of a breeder certificate release must be on file prior to the sale. I agree that P.F.E. may withhold any monies due me until all certificates are delivered in proper order.
6. COGGINS & HEALTH PAPERS: Horses must sell with a current coggins and health papers dated within 11 months of the auction - must be dated AFTER October 24, 2022.
7. DISCLOSURES - I agree to notify P.F.E. in writing and prior to the sale, of any unsoundness or defects of any kind. I agree to notify P.F.E. if this entry is suffering from any contagious or infectious diseases. P.F.E. must be specifically notified if the entry has any of the following conditions, which must be stated in the online catalog, if this entry is a cribber, weaver, is unsound of eyes or wind, has a parrot or monkey mouth, is a cryptorchid or has had major surgery or a serious illness.
8. BUYER’S RIGHT TO PRE PURCHASE EXAMINATION - Prospect Buyers have the right to have a veterinarian of their choice perform a pre purchase examination, at Buyer’s expense. The examination must be done prior to the end of the auction.
9. BROODMARES: All mares selling as bred must be checked for pregnancy by a veterinarian within ten (10) days prior to consigning for this sale. Mares will be re-checked for pregnancy within 10 days prior to the auction starting date.
10. RIGHT TO EDIT OR CHANGE: P.F.E. reserves the right to edit, correct, or add to the Statement that I have furnished regarding this entry, to reject or withdraw any entry, or to change the time or date of this sale should any unforeseen circumstances necessitate such a change.
10. NO GUARANTEE OF SERVICE: P.H.S.(Professional Horse Services, LLC) , P.F.E. and EDJEAuctions.com (EDJE Technologies, Inc.) do not guarantee or covenant that the Auction technology, the EDJEAuctions.com site or any related services will meet Seller’s requirements or be uninterrupted or error-free. EDJEAuctions.com (EDJE Technologies, Inc.) does not guarantee real-time performance of any service or that it will execute all online or absentee bids.
11. P.F.E. and P.H.S. DO NOT GUARANTEE PAYMENT BY THE ONLINE BIDDER. Due to the nature of the electronic transaction P.F.E. and P.H.S. cannot guarantee the validity or performance of an Internet bidder. Seller understands that P.F.E. and P.H.S. do not guarantee the validity, enforceability, payment or collection of any instrument received in payment of the purchase price of any entry.
12. RELEASE OF HORSE TO BUYER: P.F.E. and Seller shall not be required to release a horse to a Buyer until Buyer has made full payment for the horse and funds have been verified.
13. RISK AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR HORSE: Buyer assumes all risk, responsibility and expense for the horse at the end of dbidding or, if sold pending confirmation by Seller, upon confirmation of selling price by Seller. Seller agrees to provide basic board and care for up to 2 days at no additional charge to buyer. Beyond 2 days, Buyer will be responsible to pay for board, at a cost of $20/day, plus any other expenses that may be required to maintain the horse until Buyer takes possession or has the horse picked up.
14. PAYMENT TO SELLER: P.F.E. AGREES TO MAIL CHECKS TO THE CURRENT OWNER FOR THEIR ENTRY NOT EARLIER THAN SEVEN (7) BANKING DAYS NOR LATER THAN FIFTEEN (15) BANKING DAYS FROM THE DATE THE AUCTION ENDS OR ONCE FULL PAYMENT HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND FUNDS CLEAR THE BANK, whichever is later. Payment will be made to Seller, as stated above, providing all registration and health papers are in order, or the purchaser has not failed to pay for the entry for any reason, or the sale of the horse is not in dispute. Seller agrees that if the sale of any entry is not consummated by reason of default of the buyer or otherwise, P.F.E. shall not be liable for the payment or collection of the purchase price or for the return of the entry. In the event a purchaser fails to pay for and receive an entry for which they placed the final bid, P.F.E. shall not be held liable for said sale, but shall have the right to accept the same amount from another person, accept the next highest bid or put the entry up for sale again. P.H.S. is not responsible for payment of auction proceeds to Seller.
15. WITHHOLDING FUNDS AND DISPUTE: Seller agrees that P.F.E. shall not be required to remit to Seller the net proceeds of the sale of any entry which is the subject of a dispute or claim by the buyer, for misrepresentation, fraud or breach of warranty, until such dispute or claim is resolved and the proceeds of the sale have been received by P.F.E.. Notwithstanding any other provision hereof, should a dispute arise between the Seller and the Buyer, P.F.E. may retain its fees and costs and may hold in escrow the balance of any proceeds of sale in its possession, as well as any titlesorregistrationcertificates,pendinga resolution of the dispute. Any and all legal fees and costs incurred by P.F.E. may be deducted by P.F.E. from the net proceeds of sale still in their possession. Otherwise, the Seller and Buyer shall be jointly and severally liable for the same upon demand.
16. INDEMNITY: Seller releases P.F.E., P.H.S., Sale Managers, Auctioneers, employees and its representatives, from any and all responsibilities, liabilities, obligations, claims, lawsuits, or legal proceedings arising from the sale of this entry. If legal action is initiated against P.F.E. or P.H.S. involving this entry, the Seller agrees to fully indemnify P.F.E. and P.H.S. from such suit, including legal fees and costs incurred by P.F.E. or P.H.S. Seller agrees that P.F.E. or P.H.S. may publish sale results including information concerning this sale transaction.
17. SELLER’S REPONSIBILITY: For any horse that is not on-site with P.F.E at the time it is entered into the sale, the Seller, Agent and Owner are solely responsible for the correct representation of the consigned horse in the information and disclosures provided for the Internet catalog and in conversation with potential or eventual buyers. Seller has a continuing duty to respond to the buyer, after the sale, in the event of a dispute over their representation of this horse until any dispute is resolved. P.F.E and P.H.S. are not responsible for any representation made by the seller.
18. LIMITS OF LIABILITY: P.F.E. and P.H.S. shall not be liable for lost profits or any incidental, special or consequential damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with any sale or transaction. In NO event will the total liability of P.F.E. or P.H.S. to you from all damages, losses, and causes of action resulting from Seller’s use of the P.F.E. or P.H.S. websites or services exceed the largest amount of funds held for your benefit.
19. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The Terms and Conditions for the use of EDJEAuctions.com, InternetHorseAuctions.com and P.H.S. Conditions Of Sale for buyers as stated on the auction web site, are hereby incorporated by reference and made part hereof as though fully set forth herein.
20. INTERFERENCE: Seller agrees not to use any device, software or routine to interfere with or attempt to interfere with the functioning of this online auction.
22. SEVERABILITY: If any provision or portion of a provision of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, such provision or portion of a provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
23. USE OF THESE TERMS: The terms stated in this agreement have been developed by P.H.S. and modified for use solely by P.F.E and Lorenzo Lotti for this auction. No other person or business is authorized by P.H.S. to use these terms or any portion thereof.